The Doe Run Company hired Obata to fundamentally transform and improve the company’s Sustainability Report allowing the project team to inaugurate new technology, content, and imagery.
About the Client
The Doe Run Company (DRC) is a global provider of lead, copper and zinc concentrates, and operates one of the world’s largest, single-site lead recycling facilities, all from its Missouri operations.
- Develop a cost-effective digital presentation of DRC’s sustainability efforts using the GRI Sustainability Reporting Guidelines.
- Transform and improve the site’s aesthetics, accessibility, and user experience.
- Selecting a CMS solution that provided template flexibility, customization and implementation efficiency.
- Harnessing responsive design to support and enhance content and user experience.
- Utilizing a content sharing tool to allow users to quickly share content across a variety of social media channels.
Key design features and site enhancements included:
- Straightforward navigation, appealing typography and original imagery driving users in read full articles within the report.
- Effective responsive design solutions, and optimization of visual display enhancing user experiences across all devices.
- Visualizing data through infographics, charts and diagrams added meaning, understanding and dimension.
- Development of a cost effective, printed ‘highlights’ brochure marketing the microsite and providing memorable key facts and stats for employees to reference and share.
- The report content is successfully being shared on a variety of social media channels.
- The message from the CEO is by far the most shared and viewed content.
- With more robust content, the average session duration increased dramatically, almost doubling in time.