Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS) deployed a new mobile app to provide employees relevant content across the organization and its channels while driving opportunities for engagement and measurement. Naming and branding the app was critical to the apps launch and ongoing employee engagement.
About the Client
Fortune Brands Home & Security is a leading home and security products company built on industry-leading brands and innovative cabinetry, plumbing, door and security products.
- Name, identity creation and brand building for the new communications app
- Build awareness of the app with the company’s U.S. employee workforce, get them to download the app and start engagement with the company’s content
- Explore optional naming approaches — the strongest and most relevant naming opportunities were descriptive and literal of the app’s capability
- Develop communication materials and templates to help the company create awareness and educate employees about the apps purpose and benefits and promote ongoing engagement with the app
- Visually explored several name and app icon options. Collaboratively distilled options down to two distinct names and identities. After internal A/B testing, “Connect” resonated best with employee representative teams.
- Working closely with FBHS’ communications team, Obata created identity reproduction assets and campaign support materials to dovetail with the company’s communication launch strategy and schedule.
- Communication materials included banners, flyers, posters, postcards, table tent cards, stickers, TV slides, and giveaways such as pens and t-shirts.