Obata helped Peabody reshape their brand and corporate website at emergence from bankruptcy, introducing a new brand message and focusing on the company’s strong asset base, outstanding people and improved balance sheet.
About the Client
Peabody is the world’s largest private-sector coal company and a Fortune 500 company. The company is also a leading voice in advocating for sustainable mining, energy access and clean coal technologies.
Help reposition Peabody to increase the company’s relevance and better communicate its value to its audiences. Develop a new website to highlight this refinement of branding and messaging.
- Develop a website audit report and peer analysis to better evaluate Peabody’s position within the industry and identify strengths and weaknesses of the existing corporate website
- Review company branding with a fresh perspective
- Revamp the corporate website with responsive design, a better user experience, a secure and cost-effective CMS, and a more contemporary design
- Updated and enhanced Peabody’s brand presence with a fresh, new color palette, new typefaces, a corporate logo evolution, and branding of a new company tagline
Selected Kentico’s enterprise-level, .NET CMS platform for its ease of use, security practices and integration with a Microsoft Azure database and blob storage per Peabody IT requirements
Ensured optimal website performance and security using a highly secure hosting environment, full source code and database backups, geographic failover in an active/passive arrangement, incident system monitoring and management, and pre-launch PEN testing
- Captured new photography and made use of existing imagery to accurately portray Peabody and its values with a focus on people and technology
- Created friendly, new infographics to communicate Peabody’s strong emphasis on employees, operations, safety, land restoration, and economic benefits
- Updated existing communication materials with the new branding, such as fact sheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Shot and produced a video of Peabody’s CEO announcing the emergence of ‘The New BTU’, and prominently featured the video on the website for launch