A Strategy for the Future
Going digital provides an interactive and user-friendly format for the company’s inaugural ESG report.
Information is power.
And, we believe the way information is delivered can enhance that power.
Peabody is a leading coal producer, serving customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. The company provides essential products to fuel baseload electricity for emerging and developed countries and create the steel needed to build foundational infrastructure.
Peabody’s commitment to sustainability underpins their activities today and helps to shape their strategy for the future. The company’s Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) report provides a comprehensive resource for information related to ESG initiatives and metrics.
It’s not just WHAT you say to your stakeholders, but HOW you choose to say it.
Delivering a dynamic ESG report in a digital format offers multiple benefits:
- Expand audience reach – a searchable and SEO-friendly document allows more people to find and read the report online
- User-friendly format – a single-page PDF document provides easy navigation for users and allows for readers to self-print, if necessary
- Reduced cost – an interactive PDF provides website-like look & feel without the expense
- Leverage existing resources –interactivity through bookmarks, hyperlinks, and cross-references linked to relevant content and resources located on the corporate websites
- Limit carbon footprint – printing only a small quantity of the report and allowing on-demand printing as necessary
Obata’s adaptable and flexible design allows for greater organization, brand consistency, and content/layout variation within a grid system that provides a cohesive look and feel.
Peabody’s interactive 2018 ESG report increased stakeholder awareness and understanding of the company’s Environmental, Social & Governance efforts, and provides a template for ESG reporting in the future.